- Default Expected Return After Days And Time: When creating a “Check Out” directly from the Dispatch Module, the default days until an Object is expected to be returned and its expected return time can be set by default. Please always set at least one day here if using the setting “Create and Slave A Booking When Creating New Dispatch” as it makes sure that a new Booking will be created even if a User forgets to enter a return date. This setting will be used when creating a manual Check Out from the desktop application or from the iOS. (This setting doesn't apply to the Mac Kiosk)
- PDF Notification Email Print Template: Works in combination with the setting: “Notification Email Include / From Email Address”. If enabled, an Email Notification goes out to the Contact defined in the setting below. The Notification email that is sent out takes the selected Print Template that was setup in the Dispatch Module. All Templates can be altered in the Dispatch Module. The Allow Mail setting has to be turned on in Server Setup > General tab as well as the Server Side pdf printing.
- Notification Email Include / From Email Address: Add the email address of the person or group that should always get notified when Objects are out of stock, a Check Out or Check In was created or a Status change happened. If more than one User should be included, add the email addresses by separating with a comma.
From version 7.1 onwards:
- Send Due Objects To Be Returned Email To Pickup Contact At Time: Allow Mail settings have to be enabled in Server Setup. A daily email will be sent out at the selected time, to remind the pickup contact to return the item. Select a time here, when this daily email will be sent to the Dispatch Pickup Contact until the overdue items have been returned. The header of the email will show: You Have x Objects Due To Be Returned. In the body text of the email the items that are overdue will be listed and the email will say: Please return the following x due Objects urgently or contact warehouse manager to prolong the check out. Example of overdue camera:
ARRI ALEXA • 115002 • FCB Barcelona - Real Madrid (19) • Checked out 21-08-2023 (3)
Object name - inventory number - project name (number) - checked out date (number of Dispatch)
An iOS push notification can be received if the iOS is used and notification are enabled on the device and in the Web Permission profile of the User.
- Preview: The preview will show any not returned item, sorted alphabetically by Client Company.
- Divisional Managers > Divisional Managers Setup: (For EMT Add On Module Mac Kiosk Only):
In the setup you can checkmark per Division one or multiple Divisional Managers who should receive the email notification that are sent out, if a User in the Mac Kiosk sets an Object as "Missing" or "Broken".
Highlight per Division the Divisional Manager > right mouse click > this will checkmark this line. If one or more Divisional Manager are check marked an email notification will go to these Divisional Managers when someone marks a Checkout/In Item as broken or missing from the Mac Kiosk.
- Check As Divisional Manager: Highlight the line > right mouse click > Check As Divisional Manager > the checkbox will get marked.
- Uncheck As Divisional Manager: Highlight the line of the Divisional Manager > right mouse click > Uncheck As Divisional Manager > the checkbox will be empty.
- Send Email To Divisional Managers When Dispatch Is In Preparation (from version 7.1 onwards): Once enabled an email with the header: New In Preparation Dispatch Was Created: Dispatch Number / Name of the creator of the will be sent to the Divisional Manager for that Dispatch. To enable the Divisional Managers, see setting above. An iOS push notification can be received if the iOS app is used and notifications are enabled.
- Allow Objects To Be Checked In When Already Checked In: By default turned off.
Needed if a User could take out Objects from the kit room without actually doing the Check Out in farmerswife, e.g. on a weekend and then returning them on a Monday. For the kit room staff member who scans it back in the Object would appear to be already checked in. With this setting on, you will only receive the notification that your are checking in an item that is actually checked in, but it won't stop you from doing a check in like it would when this setting is turned off.
- Allow Objects To Be Checked Out When Already Checked Out: By default turned off.
Opposite setting of the one above. A User returns an equipment bud doesn't check it in and puts it on the shelf. When it is scanned out on another day, the item seems to be still checked out. If this setting is not ticked, you can't checkout the item before you check it in first.
Also needed in combination with the following two settings: Auto Check In Objects That Are Out When Being Checked Out and Offer User To Import Objects From Original Check Out For Object If Its Out.
- Auto Check In Objects That Are Out When Being Checked Out: When ticked, this setting will do an automated Check In of the the item that gets checked out while its Dispatch Status is checked out. This action will also shorted the Booking/Task on the Long Form.
Needed setting for this: Allow Objects To Be Checked Out When Already Checked Out.
Second scenario for this setting:
When enabled it allows to create a new Checkout for equipment that is still out with the client and needs to be used for another Project but in the same area. It is a way to be able to send the whole equipment that was used in e.g. a concert to a new Project for a new client or the same client. The equipment doesn't have to be returned, but can go directly to the new location. Farmerswife will do the auto checkin. This workflow however only works in combination with the activated setting “Allow Objects To Be Checked Out When Already Checked Out”, "Offer User To Import Objects From Original Check Out For Object If Its Out" and "Adjust Booking Object’s Out Time/Day When Checking Back In".
Auto Check Out Objects That Are Out When Being Checked In: This setting is set by default on. When ticked, this setting will create an automated Check Out of the item that gets checked in while its Dispatch Status says is checked in. The Dispatch Status of the Check Out is set automatically to Returned. There is no Dispatch Name for this Check Out.
Offer User To Import Objects From Original Check Out For Object If Its Out: Works in combination with the two settings above. When the inventory number of an item, which is currently checked out with other equipment, is typed into the Add Object (Inventory Number) field inside of another Check Out, a new window opens, offering the User to select the other equipment that is on the same Dispatch to quickly check it out to a new project or location. The window will say "name/inventory number of the scanned item Is Currently Checked Out Together With These Objects. Select Any You Would Like To Add". The User can then move the equipment that he also wants to checkout to the new location or a new Project to the Selected side and finalize the Check Out.
- Set Date To Today And Actual Time When Setting Status To Dispatched: Recommended to turn on:
If this setting is enabled the Dispatch Date is set to the current date and actual time when the User sets the Dispatch Status to "Dispatched" and clicks on the OK button. The Booking will adjust itself to the new Dispatch date and time.
Example: A Checkout is planned for the next day (26. May at 8 o'clock), but it gets packed the afternoon before (25.5). As soon as the Kit room User sets the Status to Dispatched and hits the Ok button the Checkout gets the date of that afternoon (25.5) and the current time (4 o'clock pm.)
- Allow Sending Email And Push Notifications On Status Changes To Dispatch Contact: Will send an email to the Dispatch Contact when the Status of a Dispatch changes. The Allow Mail setting has to be turned on in Server Setup > General tab as well as the Server Side pdf printing.
- Allow Sending Email And Push Notifications On Status Changes To Dispatch Pickup Contact: Will send an email to the Dispatch Pickup Contact. The Allow Mail setting has to be turned on in Server Setup > General tab as well as the Server Side pdf printing.
- Allow Sending Email Reminder To Pickup Contact When The Dispatch Has 24 hrs left: Setting for Mac Kiosk, but also works for EMT only.
By enabling this option, the Dispatch's Pickup Contact will receive an email 24 hours before the Dispatch's return date and time, with the Subject "Your Dispatch has 24 hours left".
- "Allow Mail" must be properly setup and working in fw Server > Setup > General > Allow Mail.
- "PDF Print Export Settings" must be properly setup and working in fw Server > Setup > PDF Print Export Settings.
- In fw Client > Toolbox > Settings > Server Setup > Dispatch Module > "PDF Notification Email Template" has to be set.
- And, once correctly configured a new fw Server Log window line was implemented to show: "The Checker For Dispatches To Be Returned In 24 Is Enabled".
- This new checker will exclude all Dispatches which were created with a duration of less than 24 hours, and will exclude Dispatches which do not have "Pickup Contact" set.
The Allow Mail setting has to be turned on in Server Setup > General tab as well as the Server Side pdf printing.
- Create and Save A Booking When Creating New Dispatch: When activated, each time a User creates a Check Out from the Dispatch window or via the iOS, Mac Kiosk or from the Object Manager a Booking will be created (a default Return Date/Time needs to be set! see above), thus indicating that the Object is booked and not available. This way no previous scheduling of the equipment is needed.
If the Dispatch is linked to a Project then the Dispatch Name is taken from the Project (the Dispatch Name can be changed once linked to a Project). If it isn't linked to a Project, farmerswife will create a Task. A Return Date must be set in order for the Booking or Task to be created. The Booking or the Task will have a confirmed Status.
- Adjust Booking Object’s Out Time/Day When Checking Back In: Will update/modify the Booking Object’s time and day when it gets returned earlier or later as expected. This setting won't work if the Project has been closed!
- Track and Display Dispatching Between Divisions: Shows the Check In box with the arrow pointing down in orange if the Object is checked in into another Division than the User who is logged in. This way the User can quickly see if the kit is available in house or at a different location.
Example: Your company has offices in three different cities, for each city you opened up a Division. City A, City B and City C. If equipment from City A was shipped to City B and checked in there - the arrows showing that the equipment is currently in house are showing in orange (pointing down). If equipment from City A comes back from a hire or a shoot and is checked into City A again, the arrow is showing in green pointing down. Only if the User is also part of the Division City A.
- Use Strict Numbering Policy: Once this setting "Use Strict Numbering Policy" is enabled, it will ensure that a unique Dispatch Number will be allocated, when the window of a New Dispatch is created (a new "Check In" or "Check Out"). And if "Cancel" was clicked, then that specific used number will never be used again.
- Use Booking Name In Dispatch Name: The Project Name and Number are used as the Dispatch Name if a Dispatch is created via the "Create Dispatch" button on the Edit Booking window. There 2 settings related:
- "Use Booking Name In Dispatch Name"
- "Use Project Name In Dispatch Name When Booking Name Is Empty".
Once the first setting is enabled, the Booking Name will be used as the Dispatch Name.
The second setting is greyed out and becomes available as soon as the first setting is enabled.
If second setting remains disabled, when Booking Name is empty the Dispatch Name will be empty.
If both settings are enabled, the Name for the Dispatch will be the Booking Name, but if this is empty it will be the Project Name and Number (default behaviour).
- Use Project Name In Dispatch Name When Booking Name Is Empty: This setting is greyed out and becomes available as soon as the setting above is enabled.
If this setting remains disabled, when the Booking Name is empty the Dispatch Name will be empty.
However, if both settings are enabled, the Name for the Dispatch will be the Booking Name, but if this is empty it will be the Project Name and Number (default behaviour).
- Disable The "Create Dispatch" Button When Booking Global Sub Status Is Not Confirmed: This new setting is inactive by default.
When enabled, the Create Dispatch button within the Booking window, will be greyed out if the Booking Global Sub Status is different than Confirmed: Preliminary or Planning. This way User won't create a Dispatch for a Booking that has not been confirmed yet.
- Set Dispatch Status To "In Preparation(No Swapping)" When Creating Dispatch From Booking: When enabled, the Dispatch Status will be set to "In Preparation (No Swapping)" by default when creating a Dispatch from a Booking.
- Set All Objects To Verified When Setting To Dispatched: By default enabled.
It is recommended that databases that use Object Class Accessories should have this setting off.
If a Check Out is created through a Booking, it is typically in "In Preparation" or "In Preparation No Swapping" Status, thus the Objects are not verified and need to be scanned.
With this setting enabled, this will cause all Objects on the Check Out being set to "Verified" in one go when you set the Dispatch Status directly set to "Dispatched" (default behavior).
If this setting is off, you will have to verify each and every Object making sure all items are properly scanned and packed. You could also set the Dispatch to the Status "Ready" first and then "Dispatched" to achieve the same without scanning all Objects.
Please be aware if the database contains configuration of Objects with Object Class Accessories, those will be also set to "Verified", even if they haven't been replaced with a real Object.
- Show Remove Object As A Popup Option In The Dispatch Window: By default off.
When ticked, the "Remove" option will always appear on all Check Out Statuses and Check Ins. If not ticked, the "Remove" option will not show if the Check Out is in Status "Dispatched". To prevent that a User deletes an item that was scanned and was sent to a client. The "Remove" option will always be available on a Check In and In all other Statuses but "Dispatched" on Check Outs.
- Limited User Mode Change Status Password: This setting works in relation to the "Dispatch Limited Mode" Permission that has been added to the Web Profile Manager and can only be enabled after enabling the "Dispatch Access Through Desktop Client" permission.
A Web User with this Limited Mode enabled will be able to use the Dispatch Module in the farmerswife Desktop Client application to:
- Scan existing Objects on existing Check Outs
- Print Check Out and Check In Reports
- Create New Check Ins
- Create New Check Outs - so equipment can be sent from one warehouse to the other
- Modify any Custom Fields that have been loaded into the Dispatch previously
- Edit the Note field on Dispatches
He won't be able to:
- Modify anything on the header of existing Check Out, e.g. Dispatch Name, Pickup Contact
- Remove any Objects from existing Check Outs if it is not his own Check Out.
- Change the Status of the Dispatch - unless he knows the Limited Mode Password, if it has been set.
- Access Dispatch Settings
- Access and change Custom Field templates in Checkouts or Check Ins here to set a password that you can give to certain Web Users to be able to do any Check Out Status Changes. Once set, the password won't be displayed by clicking on it, but it is stored.
Web Users with Dispatch Limited Mode will be able to click on the Status of a Check Out and change it from e.g Ready to Dispatched, however User will be prompted: "Please Enter Password'.
If no Password is defined, the Status field will be blocked for Web Users with Dispatch Limited Mode. Only Web Users with no Dispatch Limited Mode and any Advanced Users with Dispatch Access will be able to change Check Out Status.