If your license configuration allows to set all Staff & Freelancers as Web Users, the Freelancers can actively
log into the system and set their Availability based on previous created SHIFT types in the Personnel Management.
- Step 1: Setup the Shift Types in Personnel Tree
- Step 2: Select the ‘Shift Availability’ per Web Profile
- Step 3: Web Access views to set Availability
- Extra: Combining the Availabilities with the Static Time Frames
Step 1: Setup the Shift Types in Personnel Tree
- Click Personnel Tree icon > Shift Type Setup > Add or Edit Shift.
- Name it: Day & Night, set time, choose a colour.
- Can be done via/by: Desktop Application, Advanced User with “Edit Personnel Management” permission.
Step 2: Select the ‘Shift Availability’ per Web Profile (which Shift types users can set their availability for)
- Go to Object Manager > select a User > double click to open the User Profile > enter the Web Permission Profile.
- In the Web Profile Manager, select the Profile to modify or create a new Profile (right mouse click in top left window > New, enter a name)
- Select the ‘Shift Availability’ per profile (which Shift types users can set their availability for)
Step 3: Web Access views to set Availability
Users can set their availability day by day through:
- Web Client
- Mobile Web Client
Users just need to slide the switch to ‘show’ their availability for a shift type.
Once a User has switched his Availability through his access, the Advanced Users/Planning can (immediately)
see the Availability in the Long Form > Personnel Tree, Long Form > Object Tree and also in the Hourline.
TIP: Set ‘Draw Hour Boundary’ in Toolbox > Settings > Personnel Tree to see both day&night shift next to each other per day.
Do not change Shift times after they’ve been used by Freelancers => Freelancer said OK 10-18, then you can’t change to 9-18 and expect to remain green. Make a new Shift instead.
Combining the Availabilities with the Static Time Frames
Availabilities time frame can be linked to the Viewable Time Frame (Toolbox > Server Setup > Time Frame…).
If used, the Freelancer can only set his Availability in the selected Time Frame.
If not used, the Availability Shifts always show.