There are different access tiers for users to log in to the database:
- Desktop Client - for Advanced Users with full access to all licensed modules and functionality within farmerswife for the Creation and Management Projects, Resource Scheduling in Hourline and Long Form, Budget Planning, Invoicing and Reporting.
Follow these installation instructions for MacOS or Windows.
- Web Client – for Web Users, Creatives, Resources, to see own schedules, time report, book themselves or others depending on Permission Profile. Ask your system administrator for the correct URL or firstname.lastname@example.org if your server is cloud hosted.
Usually it should look like: https://mycompany.farmerswife.com:26000
- iOS and Mobile Web Client for Android – also for Web Users, Creatives, Resources, to see own schedules, time report, book themselves or others, add new projects or contacts depending on Permission Profile.
After you have installed a farmerswife desktop client, start it up, go into Settings and configure the connection details.
What is my IP address?
1) If both the farmerswife server and the client are installed on the same machine, e.g. your Computer/Laptop > choose the "local" IP from the dropdown as shown below.
2) If the farmerswife server is installed on a machine belonging to the same network you're in, then enter the IP of the machine where the farmerswife server is hosted. Ask the person who installed the server for the IP address.
3) If you want to access a cloud hosted server, make sure you have the access details at hand. Contact email@example.com and let us know your company name so we can send you the details.
Name: type here your company name
IP Address: ASK YOUR IT TO PROVIDE YOU WITH THE IP ADDRESS OF THE MACHINE HOSTING THE SERVER
Port: 22000 (default)
Then enter your user name and password to connect.
User: Peter (if using demo or empty DB)
LANGUAGES / LOCALIZATION
You can choose between 7 languages in the Desktop Client: