Resources, i.e. freelancers can be created in the Contact database as well as in the Object Manager. As opposed to other Contact types they can be added to the Timeline View allowing them to be booked and scheduled. They only require a license if they should be able to log into farmerswife to check their schedule. The Resource then can subscribe to their calendars, connect through the Web Client, Mobile Web Client and through the iOS app.
The Web Permission Profiles defines what the Resource is allowed to do and see. Define the Resource details in the Resource Details tab.
- Username: Enter the Resource's user name. This is the name that will appear in the Hourline View and in all Reports. The First Name and Last Name are entered by default.
- Inherit Rate From Object Class: If this box is ticked, the Resource gets its Rates from the Object Class that the Resource belongs to. Resources can be added to Object Classes in the Object Manager or in the Advanced window, see below.
- Buy / Sell Rate Hour, Day: Define the Buy and the Sell Rates for the Resource per day and/or hour.
- Buy/Sell Rate (Overtime): By ticking the Overtime box, the fields next to it are enabled for entering a new Rate to be paid to this Resource if working overtime (see next option).
- Working Time/Hours: Set the working time here for the Resource. If the Resource is booked outside this time range, and the Overtime box is ticked, the Overtime Rate will apply.
- Groups: Click on the drop down menu to add the Resource to a Group. Groups can be created in the Object Manager. See the Object Manager Manual for further information.
- Confirm Note: Add a Confirm Note that will pop-up every time this Resource is booked.
- Icon: Select a new icon for the Resource by clicking on the default icon.
- Causes Conflict: If ticked, will give a warning when double booking the Resource.
- Ref: Add a Reference number.
- Advanced: Clicking on the Advanced button will allow you to add Object Classes, Activities and Accessories to the Resource. If you add Activities, and then select these on booking the Resource, these Activity Rates will override the Resource's set rates.