- HIL: Hours In Lieu, another word for worked overtime.
- Rule: A set of rules for how the PM numbers should be calculated during a period of time. This typically comes from an agreement - sometimes a union agreement and sometimes an individual agreement between employer and employee. A rule specifies the working hours per day and per time period, overtime payment, holidays, vacation, etc.
- Closing Point: Contains calculated and stored PM numbers for a period of time, but only for those users that have work periods assigned to them. For example users which have periods that end every month will be in a closing point every month. When a closing point is created, certain procedures such as “Periodic HIL modification” is performed.
A closing point is also where you normally produce reports for planned/actual work, overtime, etc.
- Earned Types: Examples of this are: Vacation, Sabbatical, Freeweek, Training, Extra.This is time that can be earned according to a user’s labour rules. The PM module keeps track of how much is earned, used and left to use.
- Salary Additions: Examples of this are Overtime compensation payments, HIL-To-Salary Conversions. This is money that should be added to a user’s salary.