The Project window is split into a left part containing main details such as client and additional fields. The right part contains the project details according to the selected "View" at the top of the window.
Main Project Details
Container: If the project is linked to a container, the container icon will appear in the very top left corner next to the name of the container.
- Name: Enter the name of the project.
- Number: An incremental number is auto-generated. Further project numbering options exist.
- Active: Define whether the project is Active or Closed, by selecting Yes or No respectively.
- Client/ Contact: The client company and contact for the project.
Define the client/ customer details for the project from the drop down menu that appears when you put your cursor in the Client or Contact field. As soon as you start typing the name or the company name the drop down list will be filtered to show only the names/companies that match the typed string.
To add a new client/ customer click on the drop down arrow on the right and select New Client. Define the details of the new client/ customer which will then be added to the Contacts database.
- ID: Client ID is auto populated from the contact record.
- Email: Contact email address is auto populated from the contact record.
- Note: Any additional notes regarding the project.
- Note: Project related notes.
- Invoice Note: Any additional invoice related notes. Only visible to Task/Bookings/Rate Super Users. Content is copied in Invoice Note.
- Custom Fields: Any field below the line is a Project Custom Field.
Project Details (Sources)
- Project Settings, Menu options
- Project Objects, Material, Services, Expenses
- Project Views and View Filters
- Filter String & Filter Dates
- Discounts: The top of the project windows right hand side is where you find the Category Discounts. These discounts, if applied, will add a discount to any object from that category added to the project. The discount can be set per project or be pre-defined per client contact. So each time a certain client is selected, the discounts change accordingly.
- Sources: Depending on the View Filter you see the Sources and their Objects listed in the main part of the project window. A Source can be a Booking, Virtual Booking, Budget Detail, Project Work Order, Media Order, Project Objects, Material, Services, Expenses. Depending on what is listed at the bottom you'll see the accumulated Total of those Sources.
- Totals area: At the base of the project overview the following details are summarized.
- Profit Margin %: The Percentage difference between the Buy Total and the Sell Total.
- Markup $: The monetary difference between the Buy Total and the Sell Total.
- Discount %: The overall percentage discount.
- Discount $: The overall discount amount
- Sub Total without Discount $: Project list price without any discounts.
- Sub Total: Total before tax is applied.
- VAT (0%): VAT/ Tax percentage amount. Click the drop down arrow to ‘Set Tax’ and ‘Set Tax Name’ (if required).
- Total: Subtotal + VAT/ Tax.